Originally Published 2007-09-07 15:00:05
I'm sorry to say that there are no nude photos here. Alas, this blog is supposed to be rated PG :-). And although I loved A Wrinkle in Time when I read it in third grade (and then re-read with a whole new perspective as a pre-teen), I'm not here to debate the science of tesseracts (dubious) or whether or not Meg was supposed to be hot (Oddly, I always pictured her as being a little on the frumpy side).
No, Mrs L'Engle, may she rest in peace, and Vanessa, in all her glory (clothed or not), can help your business.
Pay Attention to What People Are Talking About
I'm here to tell you that, if you're at all interested in link baiting, SERP stuffing, and that whole business of making money with your blog, you really ought to pay attention to fads. According to Google Trends, here are the top ten search queries around 11pm GMT today, September 7:
- vanessa hudgens pictures
- madeleine l engle
- bin laden tape
- sarah larsen
- bird rock bandits
- a wrinkle in time
- vanessa hudgens naked pic
- southwest airlines passenger
- hudgens photo
- emery kauanui jr
Am I link baiting with this post? You betcha.
However, if you're interested in making money with the web, these trends are worth paying attention to. And, no matter how in touch with pop culture you happen to be (chances are that if you understand the intricacies of "SERP" you're probably not all that up on High School Musical!), monitoring this type of data is extremely useful for creating content people are interested in, feeding your creativity, and having small talk to fall back on at cocktail parties. And no, that last item isn't for humor's sake. Never underestimate the power of networking and schmoozing!
That being said, there's likely something new in the top 50 on either Google Trends or Yahoo Buzz that you can capitalize on every day.
Not Just for Content Creators, This Can Help you Sell your Product.
It's true. Really Smart Guy is not just a meta-blog about blogging. I've got the far more ambitious goal of actually helping you grow your business and your wealth, and if you use the web for marketing, even in the slightest, paying attention to BuzzTrends (now there's a good domain/company name for a marketing statistics firm, eh?) can give you new ideas for marketing programs. Sure, A Wrinkle in Time will have drifted off of the BuzzTrend composite list by next Tuesday, but that just means the window of usefulness f or your ad window is small. Fashion a relevant ad (people still have to read the darn thing) that pitches your business, and you might just find that an $8 ad spend over the weekend earns you hundreds of leads and a return on investment that would make Warren Buffett cry.
On 2007-09-07 20:23:59 Adam said:
ummm, why is this on your real estate blog? Linkbaiting people searching for a deceased author or a nude underage actress to bring people here? boooo.
On 2007-09-07 20:58:14 Johnny Fuery said:
First of all, thanks for reading and commenting. I think that if you're going to "boo" me, however, you should give me some reason for doing so aside from the implied assertion that "linkbaiting is wrong".
It is kinda linkbait-ish. I freely admiited that. Having said that,
1. I've never mentioned google trends or yahoo buzz on this blog before, and just because Mrs L'Engle and Ms. Hudgens (who is 18 afaik, btw) happen to be atop that list for today doesn't take away from the long term value of this post.
2. I think my readership is interested in making money, primarily, and secondarily, because it's a catalyst for many of them, in driving traffic to whatever web site(s) they own. This is therefore very relevant to the blog.
3. The business tip is clear -- keep up with popular trends and fads and come up with creative ways to capitalize on those trends. My guess is that you don't think this particular post is very creative. That's fine, but I wasn't really going for creativity. I do happen to think Vanessa is hot, and I do happen to be a fan of Mrs. L'Engle, but overall, I was trying to demonstrate the power of monitoring search results. If I get a little boost in traffic for the next 3 days, bonus, but that doesn't take away from the validity of the tip itself.
4. Are you a regular reader who was dismayed to see this? Or are you here because I linkbaited and you were looking for more photos of Vanessa? I'm not asking to imply anything, I'm asking because it's relevant to how I proceed -- I might change the post or take it down altogether if you give me a good enough reason. Have I alienated you?
5. Did you read the whole post? Or did you bail to the comment section right after the first paragraph? Because I think the usefulness and relevance is pretty clear... if it's not, I would appreciate the constructive criticism.
On 2007-09-07 23:56:47 Anferny said:
I found photos of the nude Vanessa Hudgens @ http://www.becomingapua.com/2007/09/07/vanessa-hudgens-nude-photo/
On 2007-09-08 08:09:20 Adam said:
Hey Johnny, I Was just really being funny since yes I am a subscriber/reader and was shocked to see this, plus about 2 hours prior to reading your post, I had placed a Vanessa Hudgens & Google Hot Trends relationship on my blog. haha.
On 2007-09-09 03:19:28 Johnny Fuery said:
Aha. Well, thanks again for reading and commenting. I'd hate to post something in bad taste...
On 2007-09-09 18:04:57 chilli said:
i think everybody should listen to her cd, just because sheÂ´s so beautiful. and even if her music was awful, i would buy it :)
On 2008-03-18 21:31:09 http://fuery.com/2007/09/07/why-madeleine-lengle-and-vanessa-anne-hudgens-are-important/ said:
[...] writing a post about this entry http://fuery.com/2007/09/07/why-madeleine-lengle-and-vanessa-anne-hudgens-are-important/ Stay [...]